Sunday, January 4, 2009

3 Secrets to Keeping Resolutions

I love making New Year Resolutions. I think I have a tendency to be more optimistic than realistic, but I like that about myself. In my martial arts training, I have found three goal achieving secrets that have made a huge difference in all areas of my life. If you can do these three things, your goal / resolution attainment ratio will jump dramatically.

3 keys to accomplishing any goal:

1. Stay focused on the final outcome.
2. Enjoy the journey.
3. Have faith in yourself.

First, focusing on the final outcome gets you through the rough times when the discipline and hard work seem overwhelming. Let's face it, sometimes you just have to force yourself to do things you don't like to do.

Second, you must find a way to enjoy the majority of the journey. This may take some creativity or an attitude change, but if you aren't having fun, you can only force yourself to do something for so long. If you can't be happy while working on a goal, what makes you think you will be happy once you achieve it?

Third, you have to actually believe that you have the mental, emotional, or physical capacity to accomplish what you have set out to do. In the back of their mind, most people doubt their full potential. This is why we break big goals down into bite size chunks. Keep breaking them down until you believe without any reservation that you can absolutely conquer them.

I hope these 3 secrets to goal achieving help you become the person you wish to be. We only have a short time here on this earth, let's make this an awesome year.

For a great Martial Arts program, check out www.BobbyLawrenceKarate.net

No comments: